Saturday, June 11th, 2016
Blanchard Middle School
We have begun planning our first annual Spring Carnival and need your help! This year, the students voted on our carnival theme: Movie Mania! Here are some of the events that you can help plan.
Possible Activities Based on Movie Themes-All Winners will receive an Oscar.
- Star Wars- Build your best X wing fighter or Millennium Falcon with recycled materials.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks- Dance and Karaoke Station: Come sing like Alvin, Simon, Theodore and the Chipettes.
- Hotel Transylvania - Decorate a mask and/or locate an item under a mask. We will feature a parade of best masks.
- Jurassic World – Students will dig for dino bones in this timed event.
- Peanuts Movie - Can you punt the ball better than Charlie Brown? Set up kicking tees and have a long distance punting contest.
- The Good Dinosaur – Students will put on stompers and stomp a path like the dinosaurs.
- Inside Out – Students will guess the number of marbles or gumballs in the memory jar.
- Face Painting
- Bouncy House
- Movie Concession Stand
- Pony Rides
- Popcorn and Slushies
- Obstacle Course
Entertainment will feature student acts. Children will sign up prior to carnival day.
We will also need help planning food vendors and our red carpet entrance!
This event will fund arts and entertainment programs, technology purchases, instructional materials, teacher appreciation, classroom grants, and many other opportunities that will benefit your child.
If you are interested in helping us to plan this fun event, please RSVP to Gina Kelly at the Day School (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sandra Brake at the Miller School (email@example.com).
We will be having a planning meeting on Wednesday, February 24 @7:00PM, Day School. Let us know if you can help plan on the 24th. If you can’t commit to this meeting, we would still like to know if you can help make this event a great success. Thanks!