Students will explore 10 activity stations that focus on hands-on engineering projects including:
- Send signals with Morse code or devise your own code.
- Design, make, and test paper helicopters and paper airplanes.
- Design, make, and test a sensor to detect when a ball reaches the end of a ramp.
- Experiment with gyroscopes under different conditions.
- Experiment with the Bernoulli effect to levitate balls in the air.
- Design, make, and test paper or straw bridges and columns.
- Design, make, and launch balloon rockets.
- Design, make, and test parachutes.
- Encrypt and decrypt secret messages.
- Test how different conditions affect the swing of a pendulum.
As this is a pilot year we will only be able to offer this to the first 100 children across grades K-2 who RSVP. Registration forms will be coming home soon. Once we gather feedback, we will determine if this format should replace the Math & Science Nights traditionally in place. Due to the limited participation we will still be offering the Math & Science Nights by grade level to ensure that everyone can participate.
Please review the dates below, as they have recently changed:
- Pilot Engineering Math & Science Night for K-2 February 9, 6:00-7:30
- Math & Science Nights, by grade level, Thursdays. 6:30-7:30
- Kindergarten April 7
- Grade 1 April 26
- Grade 2 April 14
We look forward to seeing you at these events!